Courses presently handled:
Area of Interests:
1. Pyrochlore ceramics and thin films for microwave electronics, Sudheendran Kooriyattil and K.C.James Raju, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany. ISBN 978-3-8443-1353-6
II Book chapter
1. Smart materials in wireless communication technology, K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju ,Synthesis characterization and application of smart materials, Nova publishers USA ISBN 978-1-61470-642-7
2: Microwave Properties of Some Ferrofluids, K. Sudheendran and Swapna S. Nair , Ferrofluids", Nova Science Publishers U.S.A, ISBN: 978-1-62808-411-5, (2013).
3: Proposed Multiferroic/Magneto Electric Fluids: Prospects, Techniques and Probable Candidates, Swapna S. Nair, Radheshyam Rai and K.Sudheendran, Ferrofluids", Nova Science Publishers U.S.A, ISBN: 978-1-62808-411-5, (2013).
4. Voltage Tunable Microwave Dielectrics for Frequency and Phase Agile Devices. K.sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Microwave Materials and Applications, First Edition. Edited by Mailadil T. Sebastian, Heli Jantunen and Rick Ubic Published in 2017 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd,U.S.A, ISBN: 978-1-119-20852-5
III List of Papers published in various journals
51 S Kooriyattil, SP Pavunny, AA Instan, RS Katiyar The Thermalstability of Voltage Tunability in Pulsed Laser Deposited Ba0. 6Sr0. 4TiO3 Thin Films Integrated Ferroelectrics 166 (1), 140-149 (2015)
50 G Khurana, P Misra, N Kumar, S Kooriyattil, JF Scott, RS Katiyar Enhanced resistive switching in forming-free graphene oxide films embedded with gold nanoparticles deposited by electrophoresis Nanotechnology 27 (1), 015702 (2015)
49. S Kooriyattil, SP Pavunny, E Fachini, RS Katiyar, Optical properties and electronic band lineup on Si of amorphous zirconium modified Bi 2 Zn 2/3 Nb 4/3 O 7 thin films, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 644, 545-553(2015)
48. Geetika Khurana, Nitu Kumar, Sudheendran Kooriyattil, Ram S Katiyar, Structural, magnetic, and dielectric properties of graphene oxide/ZnxFe1− xFe2O4 composites, Journal of Applied Physics 117 (17), 17E106(2015)
47. Shojan P Pavunny, Yogesh Sharma, Sudheendran Kooriyattil, Sita Dugu, Rajesh K Katiyar, James F Scott, Ram S Katiyar, Holmium hafnate: An emerging electronic device material, Applied Physics Letters 106 (11), 112902,(2015)
46. Rajesh K Katiyar, Yogesh Sharma, Danilo G Barrionuevo Diestra, Pankaj Misra, Sudheendran Kooriyattil, Shojan P Pavunny, Gerardo Morell, Brad R Weiner, JF Scott, Ram S Katiyar, Unipolar resistive switching in planar Pt/BiFeO3/Pt structure, AIP Advances 5 (3), 037109(2015)
45. RK Katiyar, Y Sharma, D Barrionuevo, S Kooriyattil, SP Pavunny, JS Young, G Morell, BR Weiner, RS Katiyar, JF Scott, Ferroelectric photovoltaic properties in doubly substituted (Bi0. 9La0. 1)(Fe0. 97Ta0. 03) O3 thin films, Applied Physics Letters 106 (8), 082903(2015)
44. S Kooriyattil, SP Pavunny, D Barrionuevo, RS Katiyar, Optical, ferroelectric, and piezoresponse force microscopy studies of pulsed laser deposited Aurivillius Bi5FeTi3O15 thin films, Journal of Applied Physics 116 (14), 144101(2014)
43. S Kooriyattil Recent Trends in Voltage Tunable Microwave Devices with Multiferroic Materials, Recent Patents on Materials Science 7 (3), 214-219 (2014)
42 . S Kooriyattil, RK Katiyar, SP Pavunny, G Morell, RS Katiyar Photovoltaic properties of Aurivillius phase Bi5FeTi3O15 thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition Applied Physics Letters 105 (7), 072908 (2014)
- K. Sudheendran and Swapna S. Nair , Microwave Properties of Some Ferrofluids, Chaos and Complexity Letters, Vol 7, Isssue 1, Page 1
- S.Kaiyane, KRAnil, K.Sudheendran, KCJRaju,MVN Prasad, Microwave absorption studies on Polyaniline Dysprosium oxide(PANI-Dy2O3) composites,International Journal of Science Research 1(3),121-124(2013)
- A.Ram babu, K.Sudheendran, KCJRaju, Crystal orientation dependent microwave dielectric properties of sputtered SBTi thin films on fused silica substrates, Journal of materials science: Materials in Electronics 24(6), 2169-2175(2013)
- K Venkata Saravanan, K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Tunable Dielectric Characteristics of (111)-Oriented Barium Strontium Titanate Thin Films Deposited on Platinized Si Substrates, electronic material letters, DOI : 10.1007/s13391-012-2078- (IF=1.8)
- K.Sudheendran, M.Ghanashyam Krishna and K.C.James Raju, Microwave and optical properties of monoclinic Bi2Zn2/3Nb4/3O7 thin films, The European physical journa Applied physics Dec 2011. (IF=0.89)
- K.Sudheendran, Mohan V Jacob and K.C.James Raju , Low temperature dielectric properties of Ca0.7Nd 0.3Ti0.7Al0.3O3 mirowave ceramics, Journal of Australian ceramic society, Volume 47, Number 2, 2011
- Sandeep Butee , Ajit R. Kulkarni, Om Prakash, R. P. R. C. Aiyar, Ishan Wattamwar, Durgesh Bais, K. Sudheendran and K. C. James Raju, Significant enhancement in quality factor of Zn2TiO4 with Cu-substitution, Material Science and Engineering B 176 (2011) 567–572.(IF1.52)
- Mohan V Jacob, K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Bi2 (Zn2/3-x/3Nb4/3-2x/3Tix)O7 Ceramics – A Low Temperature Sintered Material for LTCC Applications Journal of the Australian Ceramic Society Volume 46, 2010, 54-58
- K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju influence of post deposition annealing process to the optical and microwave dielectric properties of Bi1.5Zn1.0Nb1.5O7 thin films, Integrated ferroelectrics, 119, 89-95 ( 2010 ).(IF-0.49)
- K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Electrical properties of pulsed laser deposited Bi2Zn2/3Nb4/3O7 thin films for high K gate dielectric application, Journal of material science:Materials in electronics DOI: 10.1007/s10854-010-0187-7 (IF-0.8)
- K.Sudheendran, Manoj K. Singh, K.C.James Raju and Ram S.Katiyar, Effect of oxygen atmosphere to the microwave dielectric properties of Bi2Zn2/3Nb4/3O7 thin films Solid state communication 150(39-40),1928-1931, (2010).(IF-2.01)
- K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Realization of Tunable varactors using Bismuth Zinc Niobate thin films, Key Engineering materials 421-422,153-156(2010).(IF0.4)
- K.Sudheendran, K.C.James Raju, Microwave characterization technique for High K thin films, Key Engineering materials 421-422,73-76(2010).(IF0.4)
- K.Sudheendran, D.Pamu, M.GhanashyamKrishna and K.C.James Raju, Determination of dielectric constant and loss of high –K thin films in microwave frequencies,Measurement ,43,556-562 (2010) (IF-1.1)
- A.Rambabu, K.Sudheendran and K.C.James RajuNanomechanical and dielectric properties of Sol-gel derived PZT thin films annealed with microwave energy, integrated ferroelectrics,Vol 119,(13-2) 2010.(IF-0.4)
- D.Pamu, K.sudheendran, M.Ghanshyam Krishna and K.C.james Raju, Preparation and characterization of ZST films for CMOS applications Integrated ferroelectrics Integrated Ferroelectrics, 117:110–117, 2010(IF-0.4)
- D.Pamu, K.Sudheendran, M.Ghanashyam Krishna,K.C.James Raju, Dielectric properties of ambient temperature grown nanocrystaline ZrTiO4 thin films using DC magnetron sputtering, Material Science and Engineering B, 168(1-3),208-213 (2010) (iF-1.56)
- sandeep Butee, Ajit. R. Kulkarni, Om Prakash,R.P.R.C.Aiyar,K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju, RF and microwave dielectric properties of (Zn0.95M0.05)TiO4 ( M=Mn2+,Co2+,Ni2+ or Cu2+) ceramics Material Science and Engineering B, 168(1-3),151-155,2010 (IF-1.56)
- sandeep Butee, Ajit. R. Kulkarni, Om Prakash,R.P.R.C.Aiyar,K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju, Effect of Lanthanide ion substitution on RF and microwave dielectric properties of BiNbO4 ceramics, Journal of alloys and compounds 492, 351-357(2010).(IF2.2)
- charanjeet Singh, S.Bindra-Narang, I S Hudiara, K.Sudheendran K.C.James Raju,Konstantin N.Rozanov,Microwave and electrical properties of Co-Ti substituted Ba-Sr Ferrite Ceramics – Silikáty 54 (2) 116-121 (2010)(IF0.42)
- Charanjeet Singh, S.Bindra-Narang, I S Hudiara, K.C.James Raju, K.Sudheendran Microwave and electrical properties of Co-Zr substituted Ba-Sr ferrite Journal of Ceramic Processing Research. Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 692~697 (2010)(IF-0.42)
- K.Sudheendran, M.Ghanashyam Krishna and K.C.James Raju. Effect of process parameters and post-deposition annealing on the microwave dielectric and optical properties of pulsed laser deposited Bi1.5Zn1.0Nb1.5O7 thin films Applied physics A Vol 95, 485 (2009) (IF2.02)
- K.Sudheendran, K.C.James Raju and Mohan.V.Jacob Microwave dielectric properties of Ti substituted Bi2 (Zn2/3Nb4/3)O7 pyrochlores at cryogenic temperatures, Journal of American ceramic society,92(6) 1268-1271(2009) (IF2.2)
- K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Realization of Tunable capacitors using (Bi1.5Zn0.5)( Nb1.5Zn0.5)O7 Thin films, International Journal of micro and nano systems 1, 45-47(2009)
- D. Pamu, K. Sudheendran, M. Ghanashyan Krishna, K. C.James Raju, AnilK.Bhatnagar Ambient temperature stabilization of crystalline Zirconia thin films deposited by direct current magnetron sputtering Thin solid fims,517,1587-1591(2009)(IF1.89).
- K Venkata Saravanan, K Sudheendran, M Ghanashyam Krishna and K C James Raju Effect of the amorphous-to-crystalline transition in Ba0.5Sr0.5TiO3 thin films on optical and microwave dielectric properties J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 42 (2009) 045401.(IF-1.98)
- G.V.Ramesh,K.sudheendran,K.C.James Raju,B.sreedhar and T.P Radha Krishnan “Microwave absober based on Silver Nanoparticle Embedded polymer thin film Journal of Nano science and Nanotechnology Volume 9, Number 1,( 2009) , pp. 261-266.(IF-1.929)
- K Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju Temperature dependent dielectric, impedance and tunability studies on Bismuth Zinc Niobate (Bi1. 5ZnNb1. 5O7) ceramics” Ceramic international VOL 34 (2008) 897-900.(IF-1.56)
- K.Sudheendran, K.C James Raju Manoj K. Singh, Ram S. Katiyar. Microwave dielectric and Raman scattering studies on bismuth zinc niobate thin films J. Appl. Phys. 104, 104104 (2008) (IF-2.2)
12. K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju. Temperature dependent impedance and dielectric properties of 0.7 CaTiO3 –0.3NdAlO3 ceramics Indian journal of Engineering and material Science 15 133-136 (2008)
- D.Pamu. K.sudheendran, M.Ghanashyam Krishna and K.C.James Raju Crystallographic texture, morphology, optical and microwave dielectric properties of DC magnetron sputtered nanostructured zirconia thin films, Journal of vacuum science and technology A 26, 185 (2008).(IF 1.8)
- D.Pamu, K.Sudheendran, M.Ghanashyam Krishna and K.C.James Raju Optical and microwave characteristics of ambient temperature deposited Zirconium Tin Titanate high-k films, European Physics:Journal of Applied Physics,44,71-75,(2008) (IF-0.89)
- Charanjeet singh,Sukhleen Bindra-Narang,I S Hudiara,K.C.James Raju K.Sudheendran Complex permittivity and complex permeability of Sr ions substituted Ba ferrites at X-band. Journal of magnetism and Magnetic materials VOL 320,(2008)1657-1665.(IF1.52)
- K. Venkata Saravanan, K.Sudheendran, M Ghanashyam Krishna and K.C.James Raju “Broadband microwave dielectric properties of BST thin films on quartz substrates”, Ferroelectrics 356 (2007) 1-8(IF0.6)
- K Venkata Saravanan, K Sudheendran, K.C. James Raju, M. Ghanashyam Krishna and Anil K Bhatnagar, Structural, optical and microwave properties of solgel derived barium strontium titanate thin films, J material chemistry and physics 105 (2007) 426-432(IF 1.89) .
- D Pamu, K.Sudheendran, M.Ghnashyam Krishna, K.C.James Raju and Anil K Bhatnagar “Microwave dielectric behaviour of nanocrystalline Titanium dioxide thin films”., Vacuum ,81(2007) 686-694.(IF0.8)
- V. Madhurima. K.Sudheendran & K.C.James Raju, “Dielectric studies of some nanoconfined liquid thin-films, J.Molecular liquids 133(2007) 28-32.(IF 1.8)
- K Venkata Saravanan, K Sudheendran, K.C. James Raju, M. Ghanashyam Krishna and Anil K Bhatnagar Effect of process parameters and post deposition annealing on the optical, structural and microwave dielectric properties of RF magnetron sputtered (Ba0.5,Sr0.5)TiO3 thin films. Vacuum 81 (2006) 307-316(IF-0.8)
- V.Madhurima, K.Sudheendran and K.C.James Raju The possible formation of nano-clusters of succinic acid and maleic acid in tetrahydofuran due to in complete solvation Molecular simulation Vol 33 No 14 2007 1119-1128.(IF 1.5)
- V.Madhurima. K.Sudheendran & K.C.James Raju, Ab initio and dielectric studies of succinic acid and maleic acid in 1,4-dioxane. Molecular Simulation Vol.32 No.5 (2006) 331-337.(IF1.5)
- M S R N Kiran, K Sudheendran, M.Ghanashyam Krishna, K C James Raju, Anil K Bhatnagar “Chromium and nickel substituted iron oxide thin films by DC sputtering, Vacuum 81(2006)-133-137(IF 0.8).
IV List of papers published in peer reviewed conference proceedings
8 Madhurima V,Purkyastha DD,Sudheendran K and James Raju KC,A correlation between dielectric permittivity and wettability for low energy surface (Bismuth Zinc Niobate) on fused silica,published in 2011 IEEE international conference on dielectric liquids(ICDL)
7 Mohan V. Jacob,K. Sudheendran, K.C. James Raju and Janina Mazierska, Bi2(Znx/3Nby/3)O7 Ceramics – A High Permittivity Microwave Dielectrics for Electronics Application (APMC – Hong Kong, December 2008).
6 Karan, N. K. Pradhan, D.K. Saavedra-Arias, J. J. Murari, N. M. Thomas, R.Katiyar, R S. Sudheendran, K. Raju K.C.J. Effect of Sr substitution on tunabilityand dielectric properties in Pb(Zr0.50Ti0.50)O3 thin films fabricated by chemical solution deposition 17th IEEE International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics, Vol: 3 p 1-3 Feb (2008)
5 K.C.James Raju and K.Sudheendran Tunable materials and their microwave characterization Proceedings of International Conference on Recent Advances in Microwave Theory and Applications, 978-1-4244-2690-4, IEEE P 378-381 (2008),
4 K.Sudheendran, K.Venkatasaravanan, K.C.James Raju, M.Ghanashyam Krishna and Anil K Bhatnagar, “Microwave Behavior of Compositionally Modulated Barium Titanate based Thin Films for Rf-MEMS Applications” Proceedings of ISSS 2005 International Conference on Smart Materials, Structures and Systems, Vol.2, Pages SC-85 – SC-91 July 28-30 2005, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
3 K.Sudheendran, K.C.James Raju, M.Ghanashyam Krishna and Anil K Bhatnagar “Microwave permittivity measurements of materials using a partially filed waveguides” Proceedings of XXVIIIth Genaral Assembly of International Union of Radio Sciences (URSIGA 2005) October 23-29 2005,New Delhi, India.
2 K. Sudheendran, D. Pamu, K.C.James Raju, M. Ghanashyam Krishna and Anil K.Bhatnagar “Determination of the microwave dielectric permittivity of thin films using the extended cavity perturbation technique.” . Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC-2004), APMC/04/C/421
1 K.Sudheendran, and K.C.James Raju, “Microwave dielectric properties of xCaTiO3-(1-x)NdAlO3 ceramics”. Proceedings of the DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium-2005. December 5-9 2005, Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India.